During its startup phase, the Arts Initiative is funding projects, performances, and other activities that will inform the planning of the initiative and encourage creative, inclusive engagement within U-M and the broader community. We invite all U-M students, faculty and staff to explore key questions such as:
- How can we incorporate art and art making into the student experience?
- How can the arts bring us together and address large-scale societal issues?
- How can the arts catalyze discovery and innovation in research, teaching and service?
Through the development of pilot projects that align with one or more of these themes:
- advancing creative collaboration,
- arts in action/transformative performances,
- catalyzing capacities, or
- expanding/growing audiences and communities.
Awards will be announced mid-summer 2020.